Monday, September 22, 2014

Time Off


I think J just asked if I will be resuming trading and posting anytime soon. 

Answer's "no".  I shut down after I realized I was getting into trades for the sole purpose of keeping my mind occupied. 

With no active trades to distract me, I have been able to focus on what a lousy guardian I had been to my 2 cats who passed. And that has allowed me to fall quite deep into depression, which I have managed to sleep over day after day.

My way of wiping the slate clean. 

On an unrelated note, I found out that besides being autistic, I am also bipolar. Ha.

I am likely to resume trading and posting in the beginning of next year. 

@Sean: You speak my mind :-)

@Ed: Supplements didn't help me. Real food did :-) Glad to hear from you.

Share |

2 comments:

Ed said...

Hey Jules,

I meant to say I think a vegan diet requires supplement, so maybe a healthier diet is to slowly increase plant-based food up to an ideal target of 70% to 90%. I've added clams, mussels, and oysters to my mostly vegan diet.

When I quit trading, I still had the goal of retiring young, and I'm close to reaching that goal. It was when I realized in order to retire, I must find a way to match or beat inflation. And that purpose had pulled me back into investing, because some companies have pricing power, a great way to invest to match or beat inflation.

Looking at your success in real-estate, I think you're more of a bargain hunter like myself, instead of a greater fool hunter.

Long term investing has worked very well for me, but of course, it's because a rising tide lifts all boats. It is only when the tide goes out do we discover who’s been swimming naked. And since I don't use leverage and invest in strong balance sheet companies, I see any major pullback as a bargain buying opportunity.

I've been reading a lot, and just finally got to "Think and Grow Rich", a book I think you've mentioned before. As for the top two books on investing that I have come across are: "The Intelligent Investor", and "Investing the Templeton Way". You might want to check those books out just to see if you can relate to them.

Wish you the best,
Ed

James Edwards-Marche said...

Re: eating a vegan diet, I can wholeheartedly recommend it for problems with mood, depression and does wonders for sleep.

Fellow suspected bi-polar :)

Keeping a strict bedtime helps too.