Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update

Because of school and other commitments, I haven't been trading much. On days that I did get to watch the market a little, I hadn't bothered to place any trades. Below are the only trades I've taken since my last posting.
Apr 12
Click to enlarge

 Apr 13
Click to enlarge

As said, school's been keeping me away from trading. I find it difficult to place trades when I know that I can't be at my screen for the entire day. I did install IB on my new toy/iphone4, and when I got really bored in class, I had logged on to look at CL quotes and tried to figure out the chart patterns based on the way the numbers are changing. I had no idea how quickly that could kill my battery, so on the first day that I did that, I was left with a totally flat battery before the end of class. It was a good thing I didn't have to call a cab that day coz for some strange reason, they were everywhere at a time that they were supposed to be changing shift. 

I experimented with trading directly on the chart. On the 3 days that I sim traded in chart trade mode, I had made no money, but did manage to get a better understanding of what kind of a trader I am. Long story short, the decision is to stick with IB's Booktrader.

I should be ready to resume trading in May. I've discussed with D on many occasions as to whether I should continue to post charts and results on a daily basis. The conclusion for now is that since the pros of posting outweigh the cons (I'm a highly competitive person so making/losing money in secret just doesn't work for me), I will resume posting like I did before. I will not have comments turned on though. D calls that overbearing and unfriendly. As if I care.


Share |

No comments: