Thursday, May 12, 2011

Trades 5/9 - 5/11

As I've said in an earlier post, I've stopped trading crude oil. The reason, which I've not mentioned, is that I'm not feeling that the strategy I had to resort to using will work in the long run. Because of the way that crude oil has been behaving, I had had to use extremely wide hard stops or no stops at all, and had not been able to flip most of my trades, and this way of trading is not my favorite. Above all, the very high margin requirement - which of course is due to oil's crazy volatility - has made oil an extremely undesirable instrument (for me) to trade for now.

Below are charts and results from this week's trading. I'm not showing the symbols (all with very low margin requirement) I'm trading because I like their low volume and don't wish for machines to come in to spoil things. 

What I'm seeing here is a pattern showing that trading within a range is confirmed BAD for the bottom line. 

Instrument #1

Instrument #2

Instrument #3
Day 1
 Day 2

Instrument #4
Day 1
 Day 2
 Day 3

Share |

No comments: